About the Role
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, planning, implementing, and evaluating The W.A.Y. Center’s afterschool program. The coordinator will work with a team of staff and volunteers to provide a safe, fun, and engaging environment for students. The coordinator will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with parents, schools, and community partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement an afterschool program that meets the needs of youth.
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise staff and volunteers.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents, schools, and community partners.
• Plan and coordinate daily activities, including homework help, recreational activities, and enrichment programs.
• Ensure that all activities are age-appropriate, safe, and meet program standards.
• Maintain accurate attendance records and program documentation.
• Manage program budget and resources, including supplies, equipment, and facilities.
• Evaluate program effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement.
• Create a positive and inclusive environment that promotes diversity and respect for all students.
• Communicate regularly with parents and stakeholders about program activities and events.
• Provide support and guidance to staff and volunteers.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
10-12 hours weekly. Summer Hours: Mon – Friday, core hours 12pm – 5pm Fall: Mon - Fri 3:15 - 6:00 pm (hours may vary slightly)
Ability to stand, sit, and move around for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Ability to lift over 25 lbs with assistance.
Ability to navigate stairs and uneven terrain.
Must pass a criminal background check and a child abuse clearance.
Salary Range: $20-22/hr
The WAY Center is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete the application process or perform the essential functions of the job, please contact The Way Center team at email@example.com
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Associates Degree with a focus on Child Development, Early Childhood or other Child related degree
2-3 Years of Experience working with children and youth in an academic environment, with program oversight
Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge of child development, learning styles, and behavior management strategies.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer software.
Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
CPR and First Aid certification required
Must complete the Youth Development Credential (YDC) through MASN within first year